Saturday, January 4, 2014

Oil Pulling

Today was the first time I've tried the ayuverdic tradition of oil pulling. Basically you use oil as mouth wash and swish for 20min. You can use coconut, seasame, or sunflower oil for it. Its supposed to help kill bacteria and whiten teeth. Its also been shown to have some detoxing qualities and some people swear it helps boosts their energy levels. So my experience: I used a little over a teaspoon of organic coconut oil and swished for 8mins. I wanted to do the full 20 but I needed to communicate with my kids.. tomorrow I will definitely shoot for 20 though. The only thing I really noticed for my first use was that my gums stinged a little bit afterwards! I'm thinking that means some germs got killed! For more info here's a pretty good site

No comments:

Post a Comment